Ensemble San Francisco returned for the 2014-15 season with an exciting Spanish and Latin American inspired program Pasión. The evening featured a stellar cast of musicians, including two of the SF Symphony’s newest members: violist Matt Young and oboist Mingjia Liu. Also on the program were mezzo-soprano Betany Coffland (reprising her role as Carmen which she sang with Opera San Jose), and cellist Jonah Kim, called “the next Yo-Yo Ma” by the Washington Post.
ESF hosted a free wine and cheese reception right after the concert, followed by salsa dancing at Cigar Bar and Grill, which offers Cuban salsa dance lessons for $15 from 8:30-9:30pm.
• Paganini – Guitar Quartet No. 15
• Piazzolla – Café 1930 and Nightclub 1960
• Granero – Noche del Amor Insomne
• De Falla – Siete Canciones Populares Españolas
• Kovács – Homage à Manuel de Falla
• Bizet – Habanera from Carmen
• Turina – Circulo
• Wineglass – OctaRhumba